larcher
(.416 member)
14/09/05 02:12 AM
Re: New bow

Dear Jaco

quote :"I have seen a video of a guy who shot an Eland with a Matthews which, if I remember correctly, was set to 54lbs, the arrow went clean through the animal."

In the CAR I shot a Derby Eland in February
with the 375HH.
Then I took my bow (Mathews LX 70lbs) and shot the carcass
at 10 m in the chest . The arrow zipped right through. The guide was really amazed as 2 458 Lott from his rifle never went out this eland, not speaking of my 375HH Swift A frame.

You know Jaco, I am puzzled about the power requested for bows. RSA rule is hard but it's the rule.
The main trouble is finding a compound bow over 70 lbs.
Recurve or long bow, yes,
Compound atrocely difficult to find one.
I was looking for a Mathews safari, no way to get one in France. My bowshop told me the Mathews blackmax was better than the Safari for the Blackmax is very very fast. What is your opinion.

I decided to keep my LX boosted between 70 and 75lbs.
In february I'll take (if God helps me)a buff or 2 and if possible a leopard with the LX. I pray I won't meet a lion
because it's costing dear but sure I'll not let down this opportunity and I'll shoot him. Concerning back up, no sweat the guide is loving close brushes.

What is good with the bow : it permits to shoot again trophies one have got before with the rifle.
A good friend outfitter in Burkina is coaxing me into coming again to havest a new bag with the bow.

good luck

Contact Us NitroExpress.com