Ripp
(.577 member)
19/10/17 12:24 AM
Re: Arrows From Shotguns

Quote:

Hmm, I don't see this anywhere like you guys are viewing it. Air gunners are trying to get in on rifle seasons, including with the arrows. The arrows aren't to make you feel like an archer, they allow the air guns to take larger game more effectively than they otherwise could with a bullet. Isn't that a good thing?

Kinda the way I see it as well...

Its odd, I hear all the time the "bad" of compound bows or in-line black powder rifles yet the success rate put forth by the game departments is still roughly what it was 20 years ago at least when it comes to the archery side of things...don't mess with air guns, nor do I plan to..each to their own..matters not to me..

My other thought is this, where are all the pics of the harvest with these stick bows by those who admonishing the compounds??? Would love to see kill pics of the last few years???...

No doubt they are there, as I have them as well...BUT, I also do with my COMPOUND..yeah, you know, the one with cables and wheels.. hell, the last shot I made with my compound on an elk was 685 yards..and I did it shooting backwards using a mirror.. Those compounds shoot farther than that....but I didn't feel like stalking any closer..

Oh, wait, I get it, you are only out there for the experience and the actual harvest doesn't matter... I guess that can only happen when you are carrying a stick bow, otherwise nature simply disappears and "the experience" simply can not happen???

I find this the same old boring argument as those who bitch whenever a new rifle or cartridge comes out and all you hear is "My '06 will do anything that thing will do" ..to which I politely say, "Bite Me"...

The model A Ford would get me from point A to point B as well, but I'll take my new Ford F250 Lariat instead...some people love to bitch about anything that they don't use, like, etc like there is a fricken reward for it...

Bet those same people are a blast at a New Year's Eve party..

End of Rant

https://www.gohunt.com/read/life/from-past-to-present-the-evolution-of-bow-technology

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com