DarylS
(.700 member)
18/10/17 04:26 AM
Re: Arrows From Shotguns

I hear, understand and agree with you Bob. Will not be long before the air-gun archers want to shoot in special seasons as well, much like the bolt actioned, scope sighted, jacketed bullet shooting inlines do now, across the States.

Here in BC, the bolt actioned, scope sighted, jacketed bullet shooting "Inline" muzzleloaders shooting phony black powder were instrumental in getting our special muzzleloading moose season cancelled. One environment officer (game warden) I spoke with in our special season moose camp told me that 'they' could not see any difference between those modern ML's and a normal .30/06. He said "we're cancelling the primitive weapons season. This is the last primitive weapons hunt". It was.

Shooting arrows from an compressed air gun is a 'trick' that is interesting, but that is all. The camp I guided at for moose, did not allow mechanical broadheads - PERIOD! How do those airgun arrow shooters do with real broadheads with 1 1/4" blades, let alone 1,000gr. arrows?

Seems to me, an arrow for Cape Buffalo has some 'requirements'. Some time ago, I met a Texan who had hunted Africa a few times & was planning a cape buffalo archery hunt. He was/is an Archer & was having a set of 175 pound limbs made up for his Black Widow recurve bow.

In moose camp where I met him, he was using 75 pound limbs on the 'Widow' and decent arrows (600gr.) for moose. On top of that, he was an excellent archer with his setup.

WE shot in camp virtually every day and had also had 'contests' - lots of fun. His name/handle was "Buf". The 1,000gr. arrows were a requirement, he told us, but I am not sure if that was for elephant or buffalo or both.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com