Norman4
(.300 member)
26/01/15 07:56 AM
Re: Full length shot of the Arrows - Warbow thread

Quote:

The Arm-war (not sure of the spelling) my bow is sitting on, was commissioned to be made for and by my Great Aunt Maggie, in the very late 1800's or early 1900's. It is hand carved oak from Southern Ontario, Canada - so been in the family just over 110years, guess it's not that old afterall.
When we were kids, we'd hide in the bottom drawer - about 5' long and 14" deep, 3' to the back of the Arm-War. Lotso f room, for 2 or 3 little kids to hide in.

The Grandfather clock in the back-ground is a 1927 German clock with beautiful chimes, trouble is, it chimes every 15 minutes - so I have not had it running for a while.

My brother has Aunt Maggie's Cherry Hutch Cupboard(all 1" cherry) complete with all 18 or 24? panes of glass original, in the upper doors, except for one pane (4" x 6") - it sticks out like a sore thumb. It is a very large, heavy hutch.

Fascinating reading! Sounds like a lot of fun. You folks do a great service by keeping such culture and history alive. Who knows? Maybe the silent bow will be the only way to hunt again someday!

Arm-War! Armoire. Our cousins in Quebec you see. We Americans took Monts de vert and made Vermont out of it so I don't see why a longbowman can't have an Arm-war. I certainly wouldn't argue with him if he were armed for war. Norman4

Contact Us NitroExpress.com