blackbearhunter
(.333 member)
29/09/04 05:41 AM
Toy Bambi Fawn

Went bowhunting today and jumped a little bambi fawn with spots all over in a thicket.Got a real good look at it and was amazed to see such a small deer this time of year.it probley didnt weigh 20#.I have never seen a deer that small in bowseason?Is this normal and will the little fellow make it going into the winter late born?For yearlings I would have thought the spots would be gone by now or it would have been a little bigger?It looked like a toy..... I thought it was a fox at first till i saw it better.... Fawns have great camo!

IronBuck
(.300 member)
29/09/04 05:53 AM
Re: Toy Bambi Fawn

Most definitely a late born fawn. Not real common but it happens. That little one will have a tough time making it through the winter (if winters down your way are that bad )

blackbearhunter
(.333 member)
29/09/04 08:13 AM
Re: Toy Bambi Fawn

Because of all the hurricanes this year in fla.,all the old timers in the area are predicting a very hard winter this year,the good news for that little guy is there are numerous big greenfood plots in the area.i never saw its nanny but figured it was nearby-i hope...I wont hunt there again this year..if i do big bucks only

Contact Us NitroExpress.com