DarylS
(.700 member)
17/12/07 11:05 PM
Re: 80 meter Buckshot...

Interesting tests, 9.3. Although I don't condone the use of buck for deer (there are just too many better rounds to use including flintlock rifles), I do ackmowledge that at close range, with a gun that will pattern them well, they may work OK.
; That said, how many once a year hunters do you know who can tell the difference between 30 and 50 yards. Deer look big and 'close enough' at most ranges. How many would pass up a nice buck at 80 yards and not 'take a crack' at him? Too, how many are willing to buy several or more differt brands and loads available to them, then take the time to go to the range and actually put up large sheets of paper to test for best patterns. I don't know any. I also don't know any duck hunters who pattern either. "Good enough" is what I hear when people by shotshells of any description. Most stores around here only have 1 brand and load of buck. Of course, it isn't popular here except for a few people for home protection, anyway - and that's illegal in Canada in itself unless the invading ciminal is armed with a firearm.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com