Yogi000
(.333 member)
13/12/07 02:06 AM
Re: WHO uses BUCKSHOT??

QUOTE From DM ----"Is someone here going to try to tell me that "if" I had been using #4 buckshot, those buckshot would have bounced off that moose???"

If you re-read the post, I was JOKING when I said that about shot "bouncing off" an animal. I was being facetious.

I am a fan of buckshot for close range and defense against animals that might bite especially when walking in the dark in the woods. For my sister and her mountian lion problem I bought her a 410 double barrel and have laoded it with 000 in part because I believe in the 000 buckshot.

I am also am a bigger fan of slugs. Personally when I hunt I like knowing that where I aim is where the slug/bullet goes. That is just my own preference. I have shot at the bullseye of too many targets with shot and then found where I aimed is not where any pellets hit. That to me is not a "satisfactory hunting" for MOST big game scenarios... for MOST of my hunting preferences. Yet for an animal like a coyote or hog or even a big cat, the concept of point and shoot because the animal is charging perhaps toward me then the fact that it shoots a pattern, one that might not include any pellets at precisely where the sites line up, is satisfactory and even beneficial.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com