Yogi000
(.333 member)
04/11/06 07:20 AM
Re: Shotgun Slugs (...again!)

Beautiful pictures. Explains what I wasn't sure I knew...

And appreciate the info, Marrakai, on your testing. I wonder if your less than terific accuracy results were due to differences in actual measurements of the round ball diameter compared to the bore diameters(?) Plus I do know that for me .715 soft round slugs do not shoot as accurately as Brenneke style with the outside of thin measuring .730 in my .725 bores. ...obviously in my case the rails actually compress to fit down the bores.....and the result appears to be: clover leaf accuarcy at 50 yards. So fitting the bore---even if it means squeezing some---seems to be key.

Obviously you guys have tried a number of approaches as well developed slugs for use in your shot guns that were successfully deployed for big nasty game. If I recall properly, Daryl, you had taken some Moose at over 50 yards with round ball and home brewed shell loading.

I wonder if anyone has brown bear or grizzly experience with a big bored smoothy?

Thank you agin for the terrific information. It really is helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com