kuduae
(.400 member)
02/02/23 03:34 AM
Re: AYA shotgun are always excellent KUDUAE!

Quote:

What do I owe you for it? Something you would like?

John, you owe me nothing at all. On the contrary, we all owe you thanks for running this forum.
Years ago you asked about a name for that narrow rib found on Churchill shotguns. And now you reported problems in handling your British style AYA. So I thought it fitting to send you a reprint of the tome by the old master, the “Other Mr. Churchill” himself, Robert Churchill’s “Game Shooting”. Maybe you can glean some hints to proper handling your side-by-side. If not, you can smile on the photos of Mr. Churchill in his “decent” shooting attire.
BTW, somewhere in this book, chapter 15?, Mr. Churchill calls shooting at rabbits and hares difficult. When I read that book about 60 years ago, I thought this to be unusual. Grown up with German shotguns, I was taught by my grandfather to shoot a hare “always in front of the feet” and never saw a problem. Only much later I found out: That old family heirloom (I am the 5th generation using it) 16g Meffert “Hubertus” gun was stocked for such shooting, while a British Game Gun is designed for shooting upwards at driven pheasants, partridge and grouse foremost.
Waidmannsheil!
Axel

Contact Us NitroExpress.com