Conor_90
(.224 member)
07/11/22 04:58 AM
Re: German Side by Sides and Slugs

Anthony has retired, tradex inventory has been sold to intersurplus, the company I linked in the first post. I would suggest checking them out. Guns seem a little less interesting than those back in the ttc glory days, but it is also a matter of the interesting ones getting snapped up quick. It seems truenorth guns in Ottawa is getting the ones in really good shape but their prices are generally out to lunch.

Did trimming change the regulation dramatically?

Most of these guns seem to be choked in true German style: full and fuller

I have taken up duck hunting only recently having moved to SK from up north of you (if I remember right you are in pg? I was by Chetwynd and in FSJ but spent some time in the “big city” as well .

Apparently there are hogs in the area and I have seen some sign so I always have some slugs on me.

Your posts about that slug gun and in general are an inspiration for sure. I still have a few nice pieces but I’m back in school so it’s champagne tastes on a beer budget for me now…

I made an oath I wouldn’t buy anymore cheap guns a few years back. This ended up with me buying the best single shot on the market (Henry, very nice) instead of a Turk side by side or putting a bunch of cash into making a BRNO or Kraut gun a duck hunting rig. Bit of a regret when a flight of 80 snow geese flies overhead

Curious if you have tried any of the molds from these guys: www.tatvcanada.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com