Conor_90
(.224 member)
06/11/22 10:49 PM
Re: German Side by Sides and Slugs

I think most of the German guns on there are post WW2. Apparently some of the Swedish ones are from the early 20th century. They have a few nice English guns as well.

I know in Russia hunting with shotguns is very common due to legislation. All of the Turkish boar hunting videos I have seen have hunters using shotguns as well. Not sure what they are loaded with. There is a sight here that sells molds for various attached wad Russian slugs.

A short barrelled pump action loaded with slugs is the “ bear defence” gun of choice here. Very, very rarely are they actually used. A decade of forestry work in Northern BC with many bear encounters (grizzly and black) some very close calls and I rarely carry a gun. Usually just city boys with a cheap Turkish pump full of foster slugs who couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn let alone a charging grizz

Re: sights definitely an impediment. Not sure if it’s actually the case but the video on German guns I saw suggested that they have raised ribs to assist as a sighting plane?

I used to have a huglu over under with 24 inch barrels and battue style sights. Surprisingly accurate with slugs. Easily hit pie plates from field positions with both barrels out to 75 yards. Regret selling that one

Contact Us NitroExpress.com