NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
16/07/21 06:19 PM
Azhur shotguns anyone?

I am looking for information on Azhur shotguns, or the Azhur gunmaker? Who were they or are they? What did they make? Any examples?

NOW I do have an Azhur shotgun myself! It is a nicely engraved detachable sidelock side by side.

I purchased it pre-owned from Charles Hunter Firearms in Adelaide. They imported two lots of these shotguns from Spain, twenty in total. Back in 1983 I think it was. One of the buyers resold his back soon after delivery as he wanted to purchase a handgun instead. So mine was pre-owned but barely.

I will post some photos of it. From a pheasant shoot. Also I have some possibly not very good photos taken for a police registration self audit. Lighting is not good in them. I need to retake some for display on the internet.

Now I know it is an Azhur because I purchased it from the importer. BUT the onlybrand marking I think is the AZ on two places on the shotgun.

I am interested in knowing more about the brand. They seem to be a bit like AyAs. Perhaps the Azhur brand was a buyers own rebrand type of shotgun. Especially seeing the complete lack of naming or branding? Perhaps purposefully that way, so a buyers own brand, coudl rebrand them with their own name. I should brand mine as a "John Hahn Gunmakers Fine Guns" shotgun.

PS Mine does have some usage marks. The barrels have runned a little in bags etc and from field use.

I used to use it a lot, but find the buttstock is now a little short! Never used to be.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com