Trailboss
(.275 member)
21/12/20 10:13 PM
Re: The rise of the sub-gauge shotguns-- 28, 20 and 16

Yes, 16 gauge is not stocked by anyone in any quantities or shot size. I've known that since the late sixties. You can thank the 20 gauge for that. I don't dislike the 20, I own them in sxs, o/u and bolt. Like the rest of my battery, all are used where and when I think they are appropriate. But I digress, the 16 gauge and it's diverse diet desert. I started reloading for it in 1982, one year after starting to load shot shells. I've always purchased them when an where I found them whether I needed them or not. I've got factory loaded in just about every shot size ever loaded and most factory loads are also in hulls that are standard reloading fare. I'm also always on the lookout for Winchester or Federal paper that's new unfired pre-primed from the 50's or 60's still in original boxs. As most have to admit to themselves, as begrudgingly as it may be, I'm bruising much easier these days than I did in my younger years so I'm shooting more of the 16 now than years past and frankly enjoying it to boot.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com