NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
26/03/20 04:29 PM
Re: Unknown ''PIEPER'' SxS shotgun?

Quote:

In any case, what I can say is that the shotgun is very well crafted, at least in my limited experience. The action is smooth as can be, the locks are a work of art and the fit of metal-metal and metal-wood is just excellent. The engraving is ok though, it shows a dog and some ducks, very minimalistic.

I used to have a Simson & Suhl SxS shotgun and this leaps and bounds better than it. Whoever made this, knew a thing or two about building shotguns.

Funny thing is, I was not in the market for a new shotgun or any gun for that matter when I saw it, but I had to have it. I'm a sucker for case hardening and I adore doubles. There was only 2 minutes between spotting it and handing over the money. Paid 450 for it.

I think it is a good buy. I would leave it as it is and use it. Shorter barrels sure, see how it shoots with slugs, brenneckes and SGs and SSGs (large "buck" shot). Plus the usual bird shot.

I would find such a gun useful for fox drives, shooting from boats, thick duck swamps plus pigs.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com