lancaster
(.470 member)
22/08/19 04:51 AM
Re: a simple single shot

so the 24 mm hollow punch came today and because the felt is all gone I use different cardboard to made wads for some experimental cartridges.the black powder is some cheaper stuff ( fg) from czechia I use to load shotgun cartriges.

the 2,5mm shot is home made stuff I bought once for half of Haendler& Natermann shot prices only to load such cartridges for testing.

like usual the wads are a little bit bigger in diameter than 24,0 mm having perfect fit in the case with +/- 24,3mm inside.

tetra pak paper ( seems only to be invented to make over powder wads), 3 thick card board wads and again a wad made from tetra pack paper

to see what happen I made a 12 ga, 10 ga and 8 ga load into the cases starting with 80 grains / 32 gramm shot 12 ga.
the 12 ga load will probably shot like a .22 in the thick bertha.
we will see...

original 4 ga 4" load was 246 grains BP and 92 gramm shot but because this is a 3 3/4" cartridge proofed gun I start now with 216,5 grains BP and 82 gramm shoot

added another thick cardboard wad to the load and fill the case with an overshot wad

the cases were sealed with hot paraffin

the 1000 gramm blackpowder bottle gives 71 loads and 5000 gramm shot bag gives 61 loads

90 cent for the shot
49 cent for the powder
3 cent for the primer
wads for free, only work

make 1,42 euro for one cartridge

Contact Us NitroExpress.com