Ripp
(.577 member)
21/02/19 01:04 AM
Re: Browning A5--history

Quote:

I have a double auto as well (designed by Val Browning, if I remember correctly), but shooting it cooled my enthusiasm for it considerably. It's a twelve gauge and the recoil was punishing. I don't remember ever being hit that hard by a shotgun in the past. [/quote)

Years ago while traveling in the back lands of N Dakota I saw a sign for a farm action.. knowing there are typically guns for sale at those I pulled in to check it out.. in the end I ended up purchasing a SXS 10 gauge shotgun.. along with several boxed of shells for it.. driving home and excited about my new purchase.. my wife and I went outside to shoot the new shotgun.. set up a couple of targets, backed up a bit and pulled the trigger.. BOOOOMMM.. both barrels went at once... thought at first I was just me.. so I loaded one barrel and left the other empty..shot again, both had disengaged... so, took that thing to a local gunsmith to have it fixed..THAT was the hardest shotgun recoil I had ever felt.. Once fixed, many geese fell prey to its extended reach...but, one barrel at a time..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com