lancaster
(.470 member)
05/11/18 12:25 AM
Re: hold for me

the Teschner Collath was in fresh air again

anual goose hunting I was again in the wrong group because the goose came again to the other side of the water. after a heavy shooting from there and close to complete darkness when we were seeing only the high flying birds and it was very useless to fire one goose came along when my neigbor was saying I make a hit. so I ask for one of the lot the dogs bring out of the water and got it. probably not the one I shot at but the Collath make a lot o noise, smoke and flame and other thought someone shot with sigal flares on the goose. maybe one third SxS, the rest over/under there whats a high rate for SXS today. me the only one with blackpowder shells, 3mm shot self rolled.
I learn my lesson about clean barrels with duplex loads before, little nitro powder load under blackpowder, from "Shooting the british Double Rifle". I had maybe 15 grains of the very clean burning swiss rifle powder under cheap shotgun blackpowder and after 10 shots the barrels were cleaner than shooting only the cheap powder one time. Not that it dont make any dirt but helps realy to have the barrels cleaner than before.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com