Ash
(.400 member)
10/11/14 09:14 PM
First pig!

Well, my el cheapo spanish VG Bentley secured me my first pig ever, hooray!

Went out Friday evening/night. Walking around by the light of the full moon and the occasional flick of a small hand held torch. About 11pm my friend stopped, and went "are those pigs?". About 30m away was a black lump in the grass.. I crept up with a small headlamp, and they started running. I had the 12 gauge (side by side) loaded with buckshot, and fired after them as they ran, seeming to miss them all (6-8 pigs, I thought there was only 1 until they all ran, couldn't see the rest!). So I started running after them (on a broken toe) and trying to stuff 2 fresh rounds in. Trying to run after one, with the headlamp bouncing loosely from pig to sky..I hit a log and tripped.

Well, we were heading towards a dam, so I figured if there was any more pigs they'll be there.. It ended up only being about 50m further, we had no idea where it was before. Anyways, nothing at the dam, but about 30m past it I went to nick "is that a pig?". Went around, shon the torch..I think so..see an eye glow..YES. Crept up, about 10m away and holding the torch against the barrels I clicked it on, raised and fired. Down it went. My first pig ever!
Upon inspection it had blood from it's rear area, so it must have been shot the first time I saw them. Guessing this caused it to fall behind. I dragged it to where it is in the photos and left it the night. We ended up getting about an hours sleep between 2:30am and 4:30am, we got up and went and took the photos and had another poke around. In the neighbours we saw a pig that was estimated over 100kg. The one I got i'm guessing to be a 35ish kg sow.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com