NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
26/08/14 12:50 AM
Re: Show us your shotguns

Quote:

For a start:
Here is my family heirloom, an early Immanuel Meffert, Suhl, “Hubertus” patent safety gun. According to family traditions it was an 1893 Christmas present to my grandfather’s grandfather, the bearded man on the right of the photo.

The 1893 date is confirmed by the German crown/V Vorratszeichen on the action, stamped only that year. The original Damascus barrels were smashed by an American soldier in 1945, the stock broken off. The stock was glued together later. Luckily my grandfather had made two new, Nitro proofed barrel sets by Ernst Krausser, Zella-Mehlis, immediately before WW2. These new barrels escaped destruction. The shotgun barrels are in 16 – 70 = 16/ 2 ¾”.

The gun may as well appear on the “Combination Guns” forum, as the second set of barrels is in 6.5x52R = .25-35 Win and 16/70. Fitted with claw mounts and an older 4x Gerard scope.

As you see, my son and daughter are the 6t generation now using this gun for hunting sometimes.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting, also the family history and connections.

Now you have done that, I will need to add some old black and white photos to the shotguns I was going to post. The photos are good, the shotgun a little crappy and rusted, for the old family guns, but that is way it goes.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com