Der_Jaeger
(.375 member)
23/11/09 11:20 PM
Re: AYA #2

Mike, beautiful gun! Thanks for sharing the photos. I dearly love a case-hardened receiver.

The most discerning gunners all over the world, even those from England and Italy, turn to the hand-made guns of the Basque Region of Spain and many of those working in the shops have been trained by the best makers in the world. Stockers, actioners, barrel makers, finishers, etc... have worked in several world renowed gun making houses and have applied their high level of craft accordingly. To say that a Best Gun from the Basque Region is not as good as a Best Gun made elsewhere is simply not true. The same person who worked as a stocker in the House of Arrizabalaga applies the same skills when he applies his craft in the House of Holland & Holland. The particular model he is working on may not have been ordered with the same level of finish as a true best gun, but he is certainly capable of the same level of work. I would have the highest level of confidence in buying a bespoke gun from AyA (No. 1 or #2), Arrizabalga, Arrieta, and Grulla. I really like the Grulla 216 SL.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com