9.3x57
(.450 member)
14/11/07 04:06 PM
Re: What are the CZ Safari Classic rifles like?

Interesting discussion.

I had a 527...not a DG rifle...that wouldn't feed and I wound up selling it. I damned it after I shot a stock-chasing stray dog and swung on a second and found the chamber was empty.

Frankly, I'm scared of the current CZ's. Lots of trouble used to pop up regarding varied reliability problems on the CZ forum. I looked at one the other day and wasn't impressed at all.

For a "cheap" rifle in a DG caliber, with controlled-round feeding I side with the Rugers. The Rugers are not without problems, but feeding reliability has been excellent for me on all non-DG rifles and I've never read of problems with the DG rifles. Since both makes of rifles need a bit of help right out of the box and the problems I hear about involving the CZ rifles repeatedly involve reliability issues, I take a Ruger over a CZ each and every time.

Regardless of whether you guys are trying to stop a Cape Buffalo from sticking a horn in your ribs or whether I'm trying to stop a cross-bred mutt Rottweiler from hamstringing my favorite saddle horse, one demand is the same, as mentioned by 404; function test EVERY type of ammo thru your rifle before use it. Queer stuff happens!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com