Nakihunter
(.375 member)
15/10/07 10:14 AM
Re: 400H&H and 465H&H any rifles available yet?

Greetings from New Zealand (via India)! I'm new here & have had the bug for a loooong time! Great site! I was in the US last month & visited H&H gun room in Mannhattan. They had a 400 H&H there for $40k!! They also had a Cogswell & Harrison 375 H&H for around $8k. One day may be.....(sigh)

I am waiting for my Simson & Sohon 9.3X62 to come back from the gunsmith. It has octogonal to round barrel with twin set triggers & a good bore. Storage damage left some ugly pits on the outside & ruined the stock. Getting it restores so that I can hunt with it. Got a semi fancy English walnut stock in same slab sided German design from Great American Stock Co. I also have a couple of Mannlicher Schoenauers in 6.5X54MS. I would like to correspond with others of similar interest.

Just a thought - why not just build a 450 Nitro (Rigby) - this was the first of the great big bores before the British banned 450 cal in India & the Sudan. You can get brass, dies & have a classic caliber with the performance of a 400H&H. Or a 10.75 X 68 (my dad had one but sold it when I was 12 years old!

---------------------
Always aim through the target & not just at it.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com