atkinson6
(.375 member)
11/02/04 03:00 AM
Re: To scope or not to scope?

No, I would not use a scope on a 458 Lott as the Lott will trash about any scope except perhaps the Leupold 2.5X Compact..It has held up very well indeed...I have ruined a lot of scopes on the Lott and the 505 Gibbs..especially if they have a brake on the barrel....Some scopes will last a couple of hundred rounds, others a half a dozen..Most who have actually shot there Lotts enough have figured this out, others will soon find out, and most Lotts sit in the closet except for the ocassional bragging rights when displayed to friends and relitives

I decided on a peep (reciever sight) for these big bores. My thinking was I place dependability first and foremost on a DGR. Ranges are short and the peep has served my well. I like dependability in dogs, horses, wimmen and guns

As far as eyesight goes, thats a crutch, I wear bifocals and have some correction in the top, but it has never bothered me as far as shooting iron sighted rifles..I think most just don't try irons and form oppionions based on what they read....Try them and then make a decision..

I have trashed so many scopes with the Lott that I figure if a scope is going to go bad it will be when Jumbo or Mbogo is looking down my throat...

Bottom line is if you want a scoped DGR, then get a 416, 404 or something of that nature...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com