Ripp
(.577 member)
03/09/07 01:12 AM
Re: BEST Dangerous Game Scope EVER??

Quote:

More info on the Swarovski Z6--

http://www.opticsplanet.net/swarovski-z6-1-6x24-riflescope-ee-4-cd-reticle.html

I am lukewarm on Leupolds, too many past problems/breakage.

HOPDOC

Curious as to what scopes specifically you had troubles with?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I currently have all models mentioned in this thread, S&B, Swarovski, Leupold, and Zeiss (which I have since gotten ride of)...while I agree, Swarovski is the finer glass of the those mentioned, personally, in all the years of shooting and having currently in excess of 25 Leupolds, I have only ever had to send one back and that is one I purchased second hand at a gun show. And hey, guess what, they fixed it and sent it back to me for a total cost of $4. which was for shipping. Now I realize nothing is perfect and all things made by man will ultimately fail, however, I will repeat the earlier post... for the dollar they really can not be beat...

Lex Webernick, of Rifles Inc. who builds custom rifles and has done so for many decades states that percentage wise.. Leupolds deliver with less problems than Swarovski, Burris, and especially Zeiss whom he has stated was the most troublesome scope he sold...I do believe the Zeiss scopes were the less expensive models--so there again, you typically get what you pay for..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com