9.3x57
(.450 member)
23/07/07 10:54 PM
Re: Who makes the best scope for Danderous game guns?

Quote:

I would reccomend one of the three following brands;

Swarovski
Swarovski
or
Swarovski

I have looked through more than a few scopes and by far Swarovski is the best i've seen.

DT

I believe you.

In the retail business we had a little gun stock with rubber half rings on it that you could "snap in" a scope for viewing thru. It was a handy little gizmo and with it we would select several scopes of the proper magnification for a particular customer's need, then let them go outside and spend some time reading street signs, looking off yonder and comparing the scopes.

I was always fascinated by the variance in what people described in clarity and brightness of the several scopes they looked through. Some people favored one over the other. Some would see a bit of haze in one brand or another. The top models from the top makers were always highly thought of but really picking the best from each was not consistent. Some people thought the view from a Zeiss was best, somebody else thought a Leupold was clearest, or another a Swarovski or Burris and it could take a customer a long time sometimes to tell the difference between them. I think a guy should buy what he likes and what seems clearest to him but I always thought that if a guy had to spend over half hour looking through, say, three scopes to determine which was giving him the clearest view, all three must be pretty clear and pretty comparable!

JRO45: I have 2 of those scopes {both older USA-made} and they are very nice scopes. A wee bit of haze around the edges on mine, but very clear in the center. Have you shot the Lott much with that Burris on it? Mine don't happen to be on heavy kickers.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com