9.3x57
(.450 member)
23/07/07 12:38 PM
Re: Who makes the best scope for Danderous game guns?

Quote:

9ThreeXFifty7,

To be honest, I cannot think of anything that a flashlight would prove with a scope and an analogue light meter. In any case, barring any more concrete information about this test, I should not make any judgement or presuppose what it might have been. I am, though, still curious about this test and would appreciate any pictures if you have them of the entire test that was carried out.

I have no argument with you.

What I saw was that the other scope companies were very testy about this little display and Burris kept it right up.

Look, I do not want to overplay this little test. I merely stated what I saw because it was interesting to me and because it stirred the pot at the SHOT Show. Maybe it proved nothing. I have no idea. But what I do know is that Burris scopes were once upon a time darn good scopes and as far as light transmission is concerned, were very clear scopes, particularly the old Signature series.

If a guy wants to spend $2,000 for a rifle scope I have no problem with him. I guess what I am saying is that I don't feel the need to spend that much and I believe from my experience my choice of a Leupold will not lose me one single animal the guy who spent $2,000 will bag.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com