DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
07/01/04 05:03 AM
Re: Why big bores?

"Ducofdeath", (from the movie UNFORGIVEN ),

First off, I have no problem with useing a 243Win with hot 100 gr bullet loads for Muledeer, it is one of my all time favortes for that purpose, and have killed a couple of elk with the 243 as well, but I certainly wouldn't reccomend a 243 Win to anyone as an elk rifle! In most states where elk are wild, the 243 is illegal, anyway.

In the second place 7X57, 8x57, and 7.62(.308) are illegal to shoot lion, and buffalo in every country where they exist. Top this off by the fact that full patch millitery bullets are illegal for game animals in the Continental US. And in many states .22 centerfires, and 6mms (243) are illegal for deer, as well! There are real reason for these laws, and any one who knew anything about ethical hunting, would have already known that!

You are right, you do have the right to your own opinion, and you also have the right to act on that opinion, as long as it is legal, but in the examples you have offered, most are illegal, in most places,some in all places, and simply because they are legal in some places, doesn't make them a proper round for the game you state! That, my friend, is "FACT!"

Contact Us NitroExpress.com