Tightloop
(.275 member)
29/10/06 03:54 AM
Re: Jeff Cooper on the ideal bolt action

Agreed that most of the Colonel's work with long guns was biased toward any military usage...as could be expected.

I liked both O'Connor and Keith...both could be opinionated, just like Cooper, but that did not keep them from becoming recognized as authorities in the shooting field...You just have to take each man on the basis of what he did with the span of his life...both Keith and O'Connor devoted much of their influence to long guns while Cooper yielded most of his influence in the combat/defensive handgun arena...

I hate to read comments made about any of the three that are in poor taste and that is what prompted my comments...IMHO the comments concerning Jeff Cooper were in poor taste...no one has to agree, just my .02 worth...

The Scout rifle concept may not be everyone's cup of tea, just like shooting dangerous game in India with a 275 Rigby might not be acceptable to all, but Cooper felt about the Scout rifle just like Corbett did about the 275 Rigby, perfectly adequate. Again, not for everyone, but for them, just right.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com