khornet
(.224 member)
03/01/04 12:33 PM
Re: Why big bores?

NitroX has asked lurkers why they don't post.first can't type 2 fingers takes a long time to say what I want to.Second not much formal education can't spell,punctuate,or form proper sentences easily.I have never hunted anything bigger than deer,probably never will.From my expierience a small caliber high velocity bullet[22cal] right behind the front leg broadside turns a deer's lungs into purple jello.So If a hunter was willing to pass until the perfect broadside shot would a 264win or a 7mmstw with a barnes xbullet do the samething to a buffalo or elephants lungs.Forget the charge the ph has a stopping rifle.Forget the cost of paying for the buff the ph shot.My only question is would the lungs be desrtoyed?Sure this hunter is a rich weirdo,but would it work?If my memory is correct Fred Bear's had to stop charges on the first two brown bears with a rifle befor he could claim the third as an archery kill.I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but would like a serious answer from somewone who has been there.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com