DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
12/12/03 09:11 AM
Re: Ejectors vs Extractors

I like ejectors on a double shotgun, but detest them on a double rifle! That being said, I always buy WITH ejectors if posible,because of re-sale value, but disconnect them on a rifle I use for dangerous game! As Nitro 450 said, the rifle is easier to close without the ejectors and is much quicker! When a Buffalo is on his way to talk to you about an insult to his butt, I certainly don't think about saveing brass!

The noise thing is valid in certain places, and cercumstances! When the rifle is fired, it is so loud that it is difficult for an animal, like a lion, to locate the dirrection of the blast, if he has not already located you before you shoot him. In the long grass, if you shoot at him, when you open that rifle, the "PING" of the cases being ejected, are as foreign to the bush as rock,N, roll music, and he will be on you like stink on a skunk, at a time when you have the rifle open. I don't think the sound is as important on Buffalo as on cats, and then only when you are very close, and in cover. The reason it was a problem years ago, was the need to kill as many animals as one could in a herd, especially elephant. The most common proponant of extractors only, was Elephant hunters. Letting an ASKARI, or old COW, know where you are after you've just knocked down his/her boss, is not a greatest way to assure long life!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com