Judson
(.300 member)
16/04/06 11:32 AM
Re: Best quality bolt guns?

Are you guys talking true custom jobs or semi production line guns like Dakota? If you are talking true custom jobs then price is not in the picture as the action alone may well run as much as $3500 for a Joahnason which is really made by Orbendorf (SP) or so I was told by Rigby. The custom rifles we build are built to fit the customer and start at around that price and go up from there however we are not using double square bridge actions made by Orbendorf.
Who or what is the best is really a personal thing. I do not for example care for the Dakota offerings for the most part. On their dangerous game rifles for example, I feel the sights are too fine and there is more drop in the stock which increases muzzel jump and recoil. Then again this is what custom is all about!!!! A custom rifle should be built to your likes and requierements and each builder has their own style and you must find the builder who can give you what you are looking for.
I did an article on this subject which you can read at our web site if you want, the site is http://www.customguns .us/

Contact Us NitroExpress.com