bigdog
(.375 member)
25/02/06 04:09 AM
Re: 700 Nitro Express

I will have to try and save funds for a long time to be able to go elephant hunting. Contrary to what most people think, just because a person has a 700 nitro, doesn't mean they have unlimited funds. Like I said earlier, I had to trade alot of what I had collected over the last 25 years just to get this gun, but to me it was worth it. I still got to keep all of my larger bigbore guns. I am just a working stiff, trying to get my five beautiful children raised and out of college, for the ones that can handle it. But some day I would certainly love to go to Africa. Glad you enjoyed the report on the 700. For now , I'll have to be happy with what I have, and the two guns I still have being made. I am anxiously awaiting a 600 OverKill, and a 510 kodiak express lever action that should both be in around June. Those should both be a bang to shoot. My wife is about to dissown me if I spend any more money on my gun hobby for quite a while. It's funny how alot of better halves don't put the same importance on guns,hunting, and shootimg as we do, but at least my wife has tolerated it pretty well over the years.I am certainly thankful for that! Does anyone else ever have a problem with convincing wives how important it is to squrill away another gun, or is it just me? Like they say sometimes it is easier to beg forgivness than to ask permission!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com