bigdog
(.375 member)
24/02/06 01:08 PM
Re: 700 Nitro Express

I went out this afternoon and put four rounds through my 700 nitro, I only took four rounds with me to get the feel of it. I had a target set up at about 45 yards. The first two shots went way low, but I wasn't really aiming the gun. I just wanted to see if the gun would put me on my ass, seeing how I had never shot this caliber before. I guess I didn't have the gun held real firm because with my first shot, I nicked the side of my trigger finger during recoil. I was a little nervous the first time I shot it, didn't know quite what to expect. Even though I was only shooting at a target, my heart was beating a little faster than normal, with anticipation. Then BOOM! Well, I checked to see if all my body parts were in tact, they were, and I thought to myself that the recoil was not as bad as I thought it would be. There was a very big push, but not a real sharp painful jab. After the second shot I realized that my trigger finger and shooting hand were more sore than my shoulder. I waited about 10 minutes and then fired two more shots about 10 seconds apart. Both of these shots were also low, but not as bad. My father-in-law was with me, but he decided that after watching me shoot, he would pass. The gun didn't have alot of muzzle flip, but it did come up a little as I let it bend me back at the waist. This is how I was told to shoot it so recoil wouldn't hurt you.I will certainly need practice to become a better shot, but over all I'm pretty happy with the way the late afternoon went. It kicks alot but with some practice it is manageable. It doesn't hurt you, and I am just an average overweight 44 year old that loves to shoot. In my opinion, most shooters that shoot big bores a reasonable amount,wouldn't have a problem shooting a 700 nitro Searcy. I will have to see what color my shoulder is in the morning.Untill then......

Contact Us NitroExpress.com