cr500
(.300 member)
16/12/05 03:35 PM
My 458 Lott went missing in the mail.

Had a realy good buffalo hunt in Northern Territiry ,gun went well ,shot very accurately ,never missed a beat, fitted me well ,was perfectly sighted in, just great. Now someone else is enjoying its benifits.
After the hunt ,I sent took it to a firearms dealer who sent it through the post to my local dealer here and its gone missing in the mail. I told the police as soon as I realised its gone missing and when I rang them today 2 weeks after I did the missing firearm report and no news yet. They said no one has handed it in! I asked if they have contacted the postal service to see what is happening with the missing firearm ,and they said no ,if the gun is handed in or if they find the gun ,they will contact me. I thought that they sort of might want to investigate a missing firearm. I wonder what there response would be if I said I lost the gun in the bush or it was taken from behind my front door ,I would be in handcuffs.
All I can hope for now is that whoever stole the gun ,will get a guilty concience and hand it in. Either that or they use it in a crime ,get caught ,and then maybe I wil get it back.
Its not so much the value of the gun ,but the fact that it had been modified to fit perfectly ,plenty of work done on feeding ,cross bolts ,bedding, trigger, jeeze everything.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com