577Robert
(.224 member)
11/11/05 01:31 AM
Re: Harry Baelder 500 Jeff

Hatari,
almost all things in live are relative! I can assure you that I have no problems with the recoil off the .500 Jeffery in a good stocked, well ballanced rifle of propper weight. Some my respond that the weight of my .500 is on the light side and they are right if you only shot it over the bench. If you have to carry it all day you will much appreciate the 10pounds 2 ounces.
A further example is my .577 NE. When I got it from the maker I shoot 26 shoots, splitt over the morning, with adequad brakes between to let the barrels cool ( and myself )to proof myself and the maker that the rifle shoots well - sitting from the bench. You can take it if you prepare yourself and are willing to do!
Harry Baelder use today mostly Magnum actions for the .500 Jeffery. This is because the time to made the standard military action to feed, to build a new follower and buying or making a magazine and extended magazine floorplate is so timeconsuming that the cost advantage of a standard action is easily eaten up by labor. Mine was the first one he build and it take him three actions to get it right as a learning curve - I do not blame him for that! I insisted on the standard action in this case a 1909 Argentinia, just because the .500 Jeffery was developed to use in a standard action and I never regret it.
Robert

Contact Us NitroExpress.com