NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/07/24 03:50 PM
Re: I Bought an unknown-hope its a 404 Jeffery/ its 11.2x72

Quote:

Quote:

Well done mate getting a range report done in swift order!
Now there is verified evidence that these loads are achievable in 2 rifles, so if anyone else in the world is now looking for data then they have a goal to work to thanks to you mate! ...

... That point being that the 11.2x72 Schuler "today" is far superior than most people realize. Bad press from many years ago, and long repeated urban legends, has needlessly slandered the reputation of this cartridge.

Quote:

Well that rifle shoots very well. I am surprised the Woodleigh Solids were so close in performance to the softs. Just because the solids have a steel jacket under the copper.

I too was surprised - that the average velocity of the solids, was higher than the softs.

From memory, I think it has been recommended to reduce the FMJ load by one grain. Due to the thick jacket.

Those groups look very good. I wonder if slightly less velocities will raise or lower the FMJ bullet impact. Usable as is, I'd sight it point of aim at 100 yards for the FMJ. An inch plus for the SP. While the SP would be used most, the FMJ is the serious bullet for serious times. Up to 100 metres. Just aim dead on.

BTW what is the exact inch calibre diameter? (Answered at the Woodleigh website 11.2 Schuler .440".) And thanks to GV and yourself for the information on the cartridge and ballistics. Amazing and useful that GV also has an rifle chambered in the same cartridge. Very rare. And earlier information by the other expert contributors

Well done. I'd never heard of the 11.2x72mm before. I like the idea of unique unusual but very usable cartridge chamberings. Except if you ever need to replace lost ammunition. Then one would want the most common cartridges available.

Well done again. Not a .404 but an even rarer and useful 11.2x72 Schuler.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com