grandveneur
(.400 member)
05/07/24 04:38 PM
Re: I Bought an unknown-hope its a 404 Jeffery/ its 11.2x72

Quote:

It seems that the World is full of nay-sayers when posting about the 11.2x72 Schuler cartridge.

But this post is about a very fine rifle that was recently acquired - not the rifle's cartridge efficiency.

Basically "all" published loading data is "theoretical" as a guide to the reloader. But when comparing apples to apples, History still showed that the 11.2x72 Schuler was an effective Big Game cartridge by German hunters in Africa.

I did not start the discussion about the cartridge 11,2 x72 Schüler and its load but answered the question of @NitroX. This resulted in other posts about the topic. We are on a Forum. I am not a no-sayer because I have used this cartridge for hunting and want to continue to use it. That's also why I had bullets made for it. With a right practical load it is certainly an efficient cartridge for big game hunting, but whether many hunters have used it is another question. Harald Wolf tried to find out something like this but was only able to publish very little about in his magazine HATARI TIMES. None of this should take away the fun of a newly acquired nice rifle.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com