NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
01/02/22 01:35 PM
Re: The 6 Best Dangerous Game Cartridges

Quote:

So what does the word "dangerous" really mean?

Next I would point out that any animal (other then the 2 legged types) is not dangerous until it can touch you, so in some cases a cow moose in thick alders is WAY more dangerous then elephant in semi-open scrub. Not because of the animals, but because of the fact that in places here in the mountains you may not see the moose before it's within 10 feet of you.
Is the moose more likely to come at you then the elephant? Probably.

But the elephant is more likely to kill you if it does.

So....which is more "dangerous"?

Easy answer is the elephant by a huge margin. Moose do not even rate in comparison.

It is very easy to be close to elephant and not even be aware of them.

Having acleak against a bush I heard a noise behind me. An elephant was looking over the bush behind trunk sniffing the air. I retreated.

Camping. The herd of elephants watched us unaware from the bush. The elephants came straight into camp to look for choice food as soon as they thought no one was left by the fire and everyone was in bed. Two of my companions had stayed sitting up in the shadows however unseen. Btw these elephants walked a metre past my head lying down in a tent. Very wuiet, only the sand sssssshhhhhing as it was compacted under their broad pads.

A different time. At night, hear a crack in the bush, an elephant feeding metres away.

During daylight they can fade away in the bush.

Stories talk about hunters almost bumping into the rears of stopped elephants they are following. If that elephant was facing the other way around, no story probably.

Immense strength and size. Demolish a vehicle readily. And capable of fine work too. Pull every limb off a man one by one. Or stomp him into mincemeat. Aggressive. Kill a great many people. Not a Disney animal.

The "5cartridges" stuff is a toolkit question. Depends on the circumstances.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com