NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/01/22 05:10 PM
Re: The 6 Best Dangerous Game Cartridges

Quote:

It’s a possible primer article for newbies buying their first .22 and dreaming of bunny hunting, albeit kinda silly for anyone who’s been there and dun that.

We all gotta start somewhere. My interest was sparked reading a Capstick article that ran in Guns & Ammo Magazine when I was 13 years old or so. I knew I wanted to hunt Africa from that article onwards.

Jim Corbett was one of my inspirations and his maneater stories.

A couple of Aussie writers including Col Allison. I remember wanting a nitro express double rifle since he wrote about buying a .450/400 dr. And hunting buffalo and elephant with it. I am sure I was already booked on the safari but well before then. I remember articles mentioning using their .375 rifles on lots of pigs or goats as practice pre safari. The days when one could shoot 200 or 300 pigs easily for fun on a trip.

A movie or two. "Out of Africa". Including the anti hunter pulp Tarzan movies. One day I realised hunting was fun and decided the Tarzan anti hunting propaganda was bs.

I wonder how many people never learn to think for themselves and think outside the propaganda narrative. I was probably eight years old at the time.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com