Woldan
(.224 member)
24/12/20 08:59 AM
Re: CZ 602 - Big bore entry rifle

Hah, 3 position shooting with a .375H&H sounds like a blast - literally - though I think I would be too scared to shoot a .375 from prone, even with milder loads. I do a lot of prone shooting since I'm an avid muzzle loader shooter, I shoot a Pedersoli .451 Tryon Creedmoor with 550 grain bullets sized to .451 at about 1200 fp/s. But that's plenty enough prone lead slingin for me.

Quote:

I used to call the Euro Stock the Humpty-back camel

I do recognize the stock shape, its what we call a Schweinsrücken (hog back), it is supposed to be the do-it-all shape that allows both proper cheek rest with optics and irons. At least thats the theory. Most CZ 550's sold around here do have that kind of stock shape. I'm happy my 602 has the traditional straight stock setup though, heavy recoiling rifles with Schweinsrücken stocks tend to slap me HARD in the cheek when going low for irons.

Quote:

I used 70gr. IMR4064 in the .375 with 270gr. Hornady Spire points. That was the old "Go To" load for the H&H ctg., back in the 1970's.

Since I'm soon going to develop loads for the .375 - what case life did you get with your reloads? Just wondering, the only belted magnum I ever reloaded was the .300WM, but I read that due to the shallow shoulder of the .375 case life is relatively short.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com