Rule303
(.416 member)
26/07/20 08:23 AM
Re: The Best Dangerous Game Cartridges

Quote:

Interesting, however the author did not mention WHY Jack Lott didn't just use the .450 Watt's case, a long time wildcat on the full length H&H case, which is identical to the case on HIS .458 Lott.

The "Lott" chamber, if cut correctly, has a gradual angle from the 'end of the case' up into the leade/throat of the chamber. This is so if shooting .458 Win. Mag. ammo in it, jacket material is not scraped off by the 90 degree normal end of the chamber angle up into the throat. That is the only change form the Watt's chambering.
I read about this back when jack Lott brought out the Lott chambering, as why - an article, by him.

So all he had to do was take the end of chamber off a 450 Watt's chamber then puts his name to it. Call me a cynic

Tend to agree with NitroX on the out of date ballistics and same with those of the 416 Rem and Rigby. Both fine rounds but one makes the 2400 fps no trouble the outer not so easily.

To me the 375H&H is a damned fine DG round for some DG. Reason I say this is more hunters can handle the 375 and place their first shot better than they can with the 400 and over calibres. This would be my preferred calibre for the big cats. That said I am much more comfortable hunting Buff and El with my 416 Rigby than my 375H&H.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com