buckstix
(.400 member)
20/06/20 10:26 AM
Re: WHAT'S BETTER THAN A 577 T-REX RIFLE, "TWO" 577 T-REX RIFLES

Quote:

wow, you could now fire both, one with right and one with the left hand

never see such a thing for sale, what do you believe how many were ever made? is there someone still making ammo? iirc, a -square dont exist anymore.

Hello lancaster,
Thanks for the reply.

A-Square has been out of business for quite some time. I spoke with Art Alphin (A-Square founder) a while back and he said they only made 12 T-Rex rifles, and most of them went to Professional Hunters in Africa. Brass is available but not sure if loaded ammo is. I reload my own. I have a couple boxes of original T-Rex ammo, but its too valuable for collectors so I won't shoot it.

Quote:

Nice, buckstix - glad your wish came true - and twice!
These don't look like they rattled off the floor like in the video.

Hello Daryl_S,
Thanks for the reply.

Both rifles looked pretty much un-fired when I got them. Or maybe fired one or twice with Factory ammo. Factory ammo is listed at 2460 fps with a 750g bullet. That's 163 lbs of recoil energy in the 14.1 pound rifle. My fun load (see target) is less than half that at only 77 lbs of recoil energy.

Quote:

You certainly are a glutton for punishment mate!
No really it is great to see that your collection is growing the way you want in to go.
Would be amazing to see 3 of these beasts living under one roof!
Makes you wonder how many were actually made?
Just goes to show you that the old Enfield M17 or P14 really are a good base for a custom rifle.

Hello 93x64mm,
Thanks for the reply.

As I said above, only twelve 577 T-Rex rifles were made by A-Square. If I find another one I'd have 25% of production. That would be cool. As for using Enfield actions, Remington had the 30-S series and their Kodiak in 375 H&H and 458 WM. Also, I have an early 1952 Weatherby 300 WBY Mag built on an M17 action. I have all the paperwork and order forms from when the original owner commissioned it from Roy.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com