Homer
(.416 member)
24/05/19 05:56 PM
Re: Jeff Cooper on the ideal bolt action

G'Day Fella's,

Thanks for sharing Mehul Kamdar.

I to, was an avid follower of Jeff Cooper.
But the older and more experienced I became, the more I realised that like so many things, money was behind particular attitudes and idea's.
Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't mean one item will fit everybody, and all situations.

Please don't think I believe I could ever fill Jeff Coopers boots but over the years, I came to a few conclusion myself.
One being, when it comes to firearms, it's the rifle or handgun that you are used to using, that so many people get proficient with. This has come from watching other people shooting any and every type of rifle/handgun, and also from my own personal experience shooting all sorts of firearms.
One of the most important things to have or be aware of, is a firearm that fits you and or your body shape and size. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture of what I'm trying to say.

If I was asked for an ideal working/battle rifle (for close to medium range use), I would have to suggest you go with a rifle developed in the early 1940's ......... the SMLE No4, Jungle Carbine, in the mighty .303 British.
There is nothing new in this world ............

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

Contact Us NitroExpress.com