Karl
(.275 member)
01/04/19 12:26 AM
Bigbore you always wanted but never got?

Just wondering if anyone has a gun or gun type they always wanted but due to time, lifestyle, finances or even manufacturing difficulties never got around to? Don't everyone say a royal grade double in 577 nitro

One I always wanted was a 'cape gun' in a heavy calibre. This would have been my ultimate man toy, 12ga 3.5" one barrel, and 577 nitro the other. Expensive, difficult or impossible to find makers. I looked at large shotgun conversions, called heym( and then had a siezure at their quote) bothered a few semi- retired bigbore builders over the decades but never pulled it off, or even really found a starting angle I thought would work out.

The other was a double 4 bore percussion muzzleloader, stoked hot with 1750 grain bullets to over 1500fps. There are guys who can do it, reasonably priced too a fraction of a double breechloader. But the issue importing something with 4 bore barrels to Australia by the late 2000's with all the US/Aus import/export whackiness put me off each time. There were 1 or 2 makers here who could do it too, howver they faced the same concern bringing barrels in, which they could not make.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com