NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
12/10/17 10:38 PM
Re: Take Down Bolt Gun

Quote:

Quote:

German maker Reimer Johanssen may still make a take-down version of his rifles

He does indeed.

I asked similar questions to the OP and was directed here. His system is reportedly very very good and accounts for wear over time.

http://www.mayr-jagdwaffen.com/english/alois.php

http://www.mayr-jagdwaffen.com/english/takedown.php

Using Mauser or similar actions I build true take down rifles using a simple but unique design. You can choose between 3 different action lenghts and left or right hand action.

There are no changes to the original receiver. The barrel connects to the receiver with the original threaded part. The difference being that the threads are cut to very close tolerances.

To separate the barrel the floorplate is opened and swung into forward position. This unlocks a conical bolt that connects the action to the barrel. A bronze bushing at the face of the barrel ensures a tight fit between receiver and barrel. Should after many years of use this fit become loose it could be easily repaired by replacing that bushing.

There is no change in the point of impact after taking down the rifle.!

Take Down rifles are very comfortable when travelling. The case is but 28 inches long and can easily be packed into a larger duffelbag. Custom gun cases can be provided.

Take down rifles can be made with exchange barrels in different calibres, here is a list of some useful combinations:

338 Win / 458 Lott
300 Win Mag / 375 H&H
300 Win Mag / 416 Rem
8 x 68 S / 9.5 x 66 ( 375 Westley Richards)
270 Win / 9.3 x 62
270 WSM / 325 WSM

Quote:

To separate the barrel the floorplate is opened and swung into forward position. This unlocks a conical bolt that connects the action to the barrel. A bronze bushing at the face of the barrel ensures a tight fit between receiver and barrel. Should after many years of use this fit become loose it could be easily repaired by replacing that bushing.

Interesting if this feature fixes the wear and tear issue over time. I was told the issue was with the thread itself?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com