Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
11/03/17 09:18 PM
Re: New RWS Big Bore Caliber: 10.3x68

Agree Gryph, a lot of fuss over something which gives no more grief than a cartridge without a belt if the rifle is made properly. At our pre-season deer shoot as well as at the big-game rifle club friendly shoots where the ADA are invited there are plenty of guys having monumental jam-ups when under even a small amount of pressure. Many of the guns won't feed the second round properly, and some of these are CRF. Short stroking is a big problem as well and I often wonder how these guys go when they are in the bush. I just hope they never have to have a follow up shot on a deer, the poor thing would probably die of old age first. And shock horror, the majority are 30-06. Obviously it is not the cartridges fault but the operator and the fact that the guns is not functioning properly. Unfortunately a lot of hunters are tight arses and wont spend the money to have the gun sorted instead believing that all will be right, which of course it won't. I shoot most of these events with my 338 Win Mag and I can pour the rounds out without a single hiccup. The belt doesn't matter a shit. Does it need to be there ?. On most rounds no, but if it is there it doesn't make it crap, it just makes it a round with a belt. Making your gun feed properly with whatever cartridge you choose and practicing is more important than worrying about a belt. IMO.

Waidmannsheil.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com