NitroSteel
(.275 member)
10/04/05 12:49 PM
Re: .495 A-Square Caesar Rifle

Some very good points Wesley Richards. I've never shot anything over 375 H&H, but I didn't think that it was bad at all. I was really suprised at how it handled.

I'm not sure if it is anywhere in the same neighborhood, but I shoot alot of 3" and 3-1/2 inch magnum duck loads out of an O/U... They seem to kick much harder than any rifle I've ever shot. One of my friends has a .444 Marlin and it seems to kick a good bit more than the .375 and the 45-70, but it is not really that bad either.

I'm not really sure how much of a gun I can handle, but I don't really know anyone local that has a gun bigger than .375 to shoot... I've thought of buying a Ruger #1 in 458 Lott, just to see how bad it kicks... but I really don't think I want a Ruger #1 in that caliber, I'd rather have a bolt gun, but don't want to spend $2k finding out if it is too much gun for me. How would a caliber like the .495 A-square, 505 Gibbs, or 500 Jeffery compare to the 458 Lott? How does the 458 Lott compare to a 3 inch 12 gauge magnum Turkey Load (2 ounce loads are pretty rattling)? I've read stories about 8 quick shots from a 458 Lott making your nose bleed, but wasn't sure if that was reality or not.

Thanks for all of the help.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com