csutton7
(.275 member)
12/03/05 09:27 AM
Re: Brockman CZ 500 express style stock

Eric--thanks for the info---FYI I bought two of the Brownell's springs and didn't have to do any machining to make them slide into place--these were the mauser + 10% springs---

I haven't tried to get 5 down with them yet with the new spring--

I did try with the factory spring and no way--of course I didn't play with it either--I will give your method a try now to see what shakes---

I had heard that with some follower work getting 5 down could be done pretty easy--I guess by milling down the high side, but I'm not 100% sure if that's what needs to be done--

I have a CZ 458 lott, 2 CZ 416 rigby's(one brand new and the other I bought used with some gunsmith work) and CZ 375-

the 375 I just put a McMillan stock on it and bedded it, the 458 Lott had some work done to it(bedded, mercury tubes, pad & crossbolt added and a muzzlebrake), the used 416 rigby has a fiberglass stock of some kind and some other gunsmithing work(I haven't picked it up yet--need to wait until the 15th)--

I've been looking at the Brockman's stock for about a month now--as I might put one on the other 416 rigby and maybe the 458 Lott(bed job on the Lott stock isn't the greatest, but Jim Brockman thought it would suffice) or I may go with McMillan's also--but I'm in a holding pattern for buying anymore stuff as I went a little crazy the last two months buying rifles, but now I'm well stocked for DGR's for my 2 boys(when they get old enuff) and myself----

for a side note Brownell's sells Brockman's stocks--not sure of the features included--it says they have them in stock for $364--

RickR---go to www.brockmansrifles.com and click on sight options see what sights he offers-----chris

Contact Us NitroExpress.com