lancaster
(.470 member)
13/12/15 08:54 AM
Re: 1836 Needle Gun - Dreyse Faucet Breech Rifle - Info WTD

ahmmm, think this is my part

having a little thread about dreyse sporting guns http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat....e=0&fpart=1

this is a "0,34" Zündnadel-Damengewehr" or Needle Fire Lady's Rifle
I hope your are not disappoint about this, can be shot also by men. its common to find such misreporting of ages like 1837 the oldest I have in my list must be arround 1865. give me the serial number of your gun and I will try to date it, cant see it clearly.
is it 3400?

the rifle is in a very good shape and will sell for 1500 -2000 euro here.
you have the caliber and the powder load but in prussian inch and grains = 26,15mm and 0,65 milligramm. your barrel must have 4 grooves and lands so please give diameter of the two.
its possible to shot the rifle but you must be able to disassemble it completly before. last pic is showing an engraving underneath this give the correct length of needle with needle holder when you hold it on the end of the receiver. probably necessary to build a tool for geting the lever with the rotationg chamber off. the bolt which contains the needle holder and spring as a unit or inside of the receiver will proably be a sealing gasket made of leather. disassemble the bolt it would be easy, its german made. then show me pics from all sides and I will find it. if there is a leather gasket it must be replaced wit a new one but its easy to made.
the powder load of 6 gran( similar to britisch grain) fine powder is low but there must be added the primer pill. such a pill must have been the power of 15 grains blackpowder alone.

the rifle can be shoot but your are in making paper cartridges

Contact Us NitroExpress.com