BigRx
(.224 member)
13/02/05 02:40 AM
Re: New InterBond .416?

Like you 450Dakota, my testing of the new InterBond has so far been only simulations.
But to answer my own question on these new .416 Hornadys for general info for everyone else; this is what I've learned.
The jacket on the new .416 400gr Hornady InterBond is a thick bronze/brass material. The bullets are extremely uniform, especially for a big bullet. Variation is only a couple tenths of a grain. Accuracy is superb for me, minute of angle and better as a norm.
Wet phone books show like performance to 400gr Woodleighs, with each performing great in the 1800 to 2200fps range. (of interest to me) The InterBond will open to a frontal area of one inch or slightly more, creating a long "trauma" area in the wet paper. The petals fold back with six folds flower-like and would strike one to think they were bear claws except for the bronze look. The lightest bullet in all the paper tests was still at 94%. I shot some into some stringy hardwood and even here the lightest went 90% retaining weight. This was an abusive test! Heat from stopping the big slug in this "imitation buffalo" material even soldered some of the lead to the bullet's shank from the heat developed!
So simulations are good. I hope someone reports back on real game performance as will I when it takes place.

Best, BigRx

Contact Us NitroExpress.com